9.13.2010

Thankful to be on the other side of goodbye

I strongly dislike goodbyes. I would rather leave without anyone knowing than to have to say goodbye. It's just too hard for me! All that to say, I am glad to finally be here! I absolutely love it. Things I forgot: my passport (yes, it's true), my hairdryer, and the spider traps mom bought for me (baha). I might have "accidently" left those at home.

Gary Halford from Arkansas is here this week visiting the City of Children and the church in Colonia 89. He is on the Board at the City of Children and they have a meeting here later this week. I can't tell you what a blessing it's been to have him here for my first week. He's a big jokester and keeps hating on Tennessee football. Not ok!

On Saturday while we were playing kickball at the City of Children, someone spotted a rather large spider. It was a tarantula. I made the mistake of looking at it. Now everything I look at is a tarantula. How does my mom always buy the most outlandish things (e.g. Spider traps), and then I END UP NEEDING THEM?! Also on Saturday I was reunited with 2 friends, Carlos Ramos and Ivan Sanchez. They both grew up at the City of Children and now live in Ensenada. They are both hilarious and I am so happy to spend time with them here after so many years apart! On Sunday, I ate goat (actually delicious!), a paleta, salsa verde chips, and manzana lift. I mean, seriously, could it get any better??

Today (Monday) was my first day with Baja Missions. I am currently sitting at my desk, and I just got back from lunch with Pilar. She is a dear friend of my family and she also works for Baja Missions. My plans for this week include meeting with the church in Colonia 89, celebrating the 200th year of Mexican Independence, and drinking lots of coffee.  Life here is very tranquila (calm) and that's why I love it so much. Have a great week y'all.

Caroline

2 comments:

  1. Carol! I love it! Bahaha I love Linda and her spider traps. Mother's know best! I'll probably comment on everything you write here so be prepared. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAZAHA! You forgot your traps!? I mean, you could probably live without the passport, but the TRAPS!

    Goodbye's are tough, but they're not as bad as cranky hello's...whoops!

    ReplyDelete