9.29.2010

Lately

This week I met with Chanita and Ariana, both members at Colonia 89, about working with the women and teen girls at that church. We will have a Bible study on prayer and an activity every other week. This class will last from October to December. After that, I will be doing something similar with the women at the church in Maneadero. I will soon start spending time with the teen girls at Colonia 89 so that I can develop friendships with them before I start a class/activities with them in January. Beginning in mid-October I will be starting a Bible study with the women at El Zorrillo. We have yet to decide what we will be discussing.

A group of Australians visited the City of Children this week. Unfortunately for me, I was only able to spend time with them one day. Pilar and I accompanied them to the Maneadero church for food relief. We visited different families that attend church there.

On Friday, Carole Stout (former COC director) invited me and a few other women for "Ladies Day" in San Diego. We ate lunch together, got our nails done, and went shopping. It was so much fun! The only part that wasn't fun was sitting at the border for 2 and 1/2 hours!

On Sunday, I ate with the teen girls at the City of Children after church. After lunch a few of them practiced a dance to a Black-Eyed Peas song. It was hilarious! Then they asked me to dance...alone. I didn't exactly want to dance by myself so I told them I didn't really know how to dance. And then they responded with, "We've seen your Glamorous video, we know you can dance!" What?? I don't think I danced in that video, and I'm really embarrassed that they've even seen it. I'm really embarrassed that anyone has seen it!!! So I promised them I would do a dance for them this coming Sunday when my parents are here. I'm sure my mom can help me come up with some dance moves. Maybe she can even dance with me??

My parents come this week!!!!! Everyone is anxiously awaiting their arrival. Especially me. I will be meeting them in San Diego on Thursday and then ride down with them on Friday to the City of Children. Jimmy Smith, a family friend, is also coming with them. He is COMPLETELY CRAZY and I can't wait for him to get here! If you can't tell, I really like visitors! I know I've only been here 2 weeks, but I still really like visitors. I miss everyone so much! Please know that I think about family and friends daily and I pray that you can feel God's love and calling for you. Much love!

P.S. Tortilla Tally: 50

2 comments:

  1. Love you sis! Glad you get to hang out with mom and dad!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwTv6DDJVjg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend!
    Hahahahah I LOVE that they have seen your video! Hahaha that's the best thing I've heard all day. Love you miss you love you miss you!

    ReplyDelete