9.21.2010

It's been a week already?!

I can't believe it's been a week! Seriously, I could write a blog post for every day that I've been here so far.
I have been so busy and so much has happened! Basically this week I've gotten settled in, met with the church leaders at Colonia 89 and El Zorrillo, and spent time at the City of Children. I think I'm going to start a count of how many tortillas I eat while I'm here. It will be my tortilla tally. Tortilla tally: 33. Yep, I don't know how I feel about that...

My host sister, Lissandra, came into town on Wednesday from Mexicali where she attends college. On Thursday, Lissandra and I rode a bus into town (scary!) to meet up with Pilar for the Independence Day Parade. Before we went to the parade, I practically begged them to go to my favorite cafe for pastries and coffee. Cafe Kaffa is the name and it is my favorite little cafe here. Good coffee, delicious pastries, and the sweet little man that works there make for a delightful time! I can't wait to go there everyday when my parents come in 2 weeks!! On Saturday, I traveled with Misael and Alejandro (Baja Missions translators) to El Zorrillo. We met up with a group there from the Yorba Linda church in California. Did I mention that Misael and Alejandro serenaded me with George Strait songs on the drive there? It was pretty
hilarious. While they poured concrete, I stayed at the church and spent time with Yolanda (preacher's wife) and their family. We decided that I will probably be teaching a ladies class there every Saturday or every other Saturday.

 All in all, this whole experience couldn't be going any better. I have felt a tremendous amount of peace ever since it was confirmed that I would be spending time down here. It won't go away! I have no doubt that God has me here for reasons unknown to me and I have to keep my eyes on Him. I know some of you are praying for me and I really appreciate that! Be open to His calling this week.

P.S. I will post pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing Caroline! I like the tortilla tally. I have been thinking of a catchy line to say after paletas (you should totally keep a count)...but haven't come up with anything yet. I will keep thinking.

    Keep on saying yes to God! Praying for you.

    If you get the chance, give Erika a huge hug from her brother! Thanks :)
    - Chris

    ReplyDelete