3.23.2011

I'm Back! (Hold your applause, please)

Warning: Lots of rambling!

WOW. I haven't written in so long. The past 2 months have been completely busy with friends and family visiting! God only knows how much I needed that. It is such a joy to see the way my friends and family connect with the people here. I consider it an honor to be where I am and working with the people here. It is more often a challenge than I thought it would be, but I am joyful on such a deep level that I can't let my mind dwell on that.

I just finished a Spring Break Mission Trip with Lipscomb University. We spent 4 days in San Quintin (3 hours South of Ensenada) and 2 days in San Vicente (2 hours South of Ensenada). The trip is a lot different as a translator! Not really having any control over your schedule because you are basically going from one conversation to the next, a trip to the pharmacy, a house visit, the hardware store, Avigal's (the grocery store), a class to translate, a conversation between a friend and a Mexicano to translate, etc. I love knowing exactly what my schedule looks like at the beginning of the day. However, life as a translator doesn't exactly work like that! No complaints here, though. I got to spend much time with my friends from Lipscomb and it was so special to see them serving here in Baja.

My little sister Meggie came to visit me this past weekend. It was very relaxing and I needed some sister time. Apparently something that Meggie just learned that I have known for the past 24 years is that she likes to sleep a lot and I like to eat a lot. It took her by surprise more than once on our trip when I stated that I was hungry (one time at 4 p.m. after having eaten one waffle the entire day). She couldn't believe I was hungry again! I forgive her for that because she did let me go to Panera for hazelnut coffee!!

Funny Story: Meggie likes to let me know quite often that I am "weird". Whatever that means! Anyways, 10 minutes after telling me that I do a lot of embarrassing things, we went downstairs to go to dinner. A few of the attractive bellboys offered us a leopard print umbrella. TOTALLY our style! So Meggie proceeded to open it, but not only did it open, it went completely inside out hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! She basically looked like this...



So basically my chances with any of those bellboys was instantly dashed after that incident. After we returned from dinner, they asked if we had any more problems with the umbrella haha!

Brother Franco has suggested that I write a book titled "Los Dias En Baja".  It will basically be about my time here in Baja. Obviously. Anyways, even if I don't write the book I will definitely come up with the chapter names. Some examples so far: Tuesdays With Franco (because he comes to the office every Tuesday and talks to me and Pilar), Taylor The Dog (I don't think this chapter will be too ruff to write-I may talk about her rise to super stardom). That is all for now. Let me know if you can think of any more chapter names!

Things I'm missing in my life:
1.lamps
2.candles
3.mom's cooking
4.coffee with mom 438943 times a day
5.fruit tea

That basically concludes my list for now.

This week I am planning my women's classes for those at Maneadero. We will be talking about marriage and seeing ourselves the way that God sees us. We will also be starting Yoga classes!! A group from Mayfair comes in 2 weeks and I have been put in charge of the children's classes. In those classes we will be talking about respecting and obeying our parents. The parents will be receiving a few classes on parenting and other related topics. Basically I'm pretty busy which is good for me!

Spring is springing here in Mexico! Believe it or not, I'm noticing a lot of beautiful flowers and warmer weather. I can't believe it's already Springtime! 7 months down, 4 to go. Please enjoy the Tennessee weather for me (minus the tornadoes).

"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked." Psalms 84:10

Love ya'll.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Dropsy! I love your blogs. You and your sisters crack me up!

    Know you are in my daily thoughts and prayers. I know God is using you to do great things.

    Love you,
    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a chapter title should be "The Legacy of Leonardo's," in which you can talk about the million times you eat there and how the apple pie NEVER GETS OLD. Oh man to eat a Leonardo's pie right now... I would kill a small animal.

    On another note, on Friday mornings this summer before we meet up with the next groups could we please eat breakfast at Leonardo's? That would be such a fun tradition.

    ReplyDelete