1.31.2011

Trench Shovel

Lately...

I have already started my Bible Study with the women in Maneadero. We are going to be talking about some VERY interesting things. We have already discussed handling our emotions and healthy ways to deal with that. Also, we have been talking about our lives compared to the "abundant life" God desires for us. Do they look the same, what does "abundant" mean to them, etc. In the next few weeks we will be discussing marriage, infidelity, and other related subjects. Should be very interesting to hear what they have to say!

I may start teaching an English class two days a week at an elementary school in Maneadero. It's basically a dream come true. Hopefully I will be starting in the next few weeks! A big plus is that some of the church kids in Maneadero attend this school and will also be in my English class. I am looking forward to developing better relationships with the members of the church in Maneadero! Very excited about that!

I spent some time with Vaughn Park COC (Montgomery, AL) in Maneadero a couple of weeks ago. Major blessing! They made me feel like a part of their family right away. It's kind of insane how much they get done in 4 days! They built 2 houses, distributed 160 food bags total-80 for church members and 80 for community members, fed the church and community everyday, held a clinic for the sick, and so much more! I have already called dibs on their group in June :).

I may have some ways you can help here in the next few weeks. I will update my blog soon to let you know more about that!

I'm happy to have my nose in another book these days. I have problems with finishing the twenty other books I am currently reading before starting another. After being stumped recently by the word "Trench Shovel", I decided I really need to get with my construction terms in Spanish. Heck, I don't even know construction terms/equipment in English! But after my dear mother heard about my translation issue, she called all over Nashville and found this book for me:



She is a real dear and a keeper!

She also sent her famous chocolate chip cookies and carmelita bars! The only things missing were her presence and her mad translation skillz. But she'll be here in just 2 short weeks with her parents (Wowzers!!), dad, Meggie, and Jimmy and LeEllen Smith. It is going to be quite the weekend here in San Diego and Ensenada.

That is all for now! Hope everyone is doing well! Please continue to keep the people of Baja in your prayers.

"Sometimes it helps to get outside our problems and stick our fingers into someone else's for a while."
-Shauna Niequist

No comments:

Post a Comment