10.27.2010

Visitors, Visitors!

I have recently had a few visitors here in Mexico. A group from Boyd Buchanan came to the City of Children for their fall break trip. I was so impressed by their group! They were so prepared for their trip and they even sang songs in Spanish. AND, it was so AWESOME to hear "y'all!" every other word. I LOVED it. Also, they made sweet tea for every meal. I must have had a lot because Mario started talking to me about the dangers of too much tea. Oops :). They were so sweet and it was a good reminder of why I love living in the South so much.

Allyson Hall came to visit this past weekend. She is a dear "friend" of Misha's and they were sweet to let me
hang out with them! We went to a place called "Las Canadas". There we ziplined and also walked across some scary bridges. The pictures say it all. If you have facebook, you should check them all out. This is my scared face!

In other news...

A rooster conveniently moved into a house across the street this past week. My alarm clock is no longer needed.

2 Black Widow spiders were brutally murdered outside the Baja Missions office with the help of teen boys from Boyd Buchanan.

I'm coming home in 2 weeks (Yipeeee)!

I accidently used the verb "fallecer"(to pass away) instead of "fracasar"(to fail). Maybe numerous times.
I really have no idea haha!!! Special thanks to Pilar for correcting me on that!

Pilar and I ate at this delicious restaurant a few weeks ago. A rather tipsy American lady came up and started talking to us in Spanish (very basic). She complained about some "alergias"(allergies) while pointing at her eyes. It was very comical and I was actually doing very good at keeping a straight face. Well, then she looked at Pilar and said "tu primera vez aqui?"(Your first time here?). Oh my dear. I totally busted before she could even finish the sentence. Pilar's FIRST TIME IN ENSENADA?! I don't think so! I wanted to tell her that Pilar basically owns Ensenada but I refrained from saying anything.

The Baja Missions conference is next week! I am very excited for it, but also very stressed out :). I'm trying to perfect my Spanish, prepare to teach 3 classes next week (one for the conference), and am trying not to freak out :)! Please keep me in your prayers!

Tortilla Tally: 92 (Don't judge me!)

"This is what I've come to believe about change: it's good, in the way that childbirth is good, and heartbreak is good, and failure is good. By that I mean that it's incredibly painful, exponentially more so if you fight it, and also that it has the potential to open you up, to open life up, to deliver you right into the palm of God's hand, which is where you wanted to be all along, except that you were too busy pushing and pulling your life into exactly what you thought it should be."
-Shauna Niequist

love Y'ALL.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Carol! I just want to hug your neck for days. I love reading about you! That quote is so great and something I needed to hear. Miss you everyday and always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like reading your blog and imagining that I am there.

    "If you’ve ever known the love of God, you know it’s nothing but reckless
    and it’s nothing but raging. Sometimes it hurts to be loved, and if it
    doesn’t hurt it’s probably not love, may be infatuation. I think a lot of
    American people are infatuated with God, but we don’t really love Him, and
    they don’t really let Him love them. Being loved by God is one of the most
    painful things in the world, it’s also the only thing that can bring us
    salvation and it’s like everything else that is really wonderful, there’s a
    little bit of pain in it, little bit of hurt."
    -Rich Mullins

    ReplyDelete